How To Manage Pain with Body Wraps
WHAT IS A BODY WRAP?
Infrared body wraps feature pads that are wrapped around your body to create radiant, infrared energy. The heat that is produced is meant to simulate the heat from energy that is naturally produced by your body when you are physically active. Think of how hot your body gets after a hard session of running or lifting weights. The heat generated by these infrared body wraps triggers your metabolism, causing the body to expel fat and toxins into your bloodstream to be processed and completely removed from your body through natural elimination processes.
Burn Calories | A calorie is a measure of energy expenditure. The calories referred to in diet and exercise, are kilocalories (kcal), 1000 of the calories referred to in science labs for measuring chemical reactions. A pound of fat stores 3500 calories (kcal). To lose half a kilo of fat a week a person must eat approximately 500 fewer calories (kcal) per day than he/she expends. The range of daily calorie burning is from 1600 for a sedentary woman or older people, to 2800 for active men, very active women and teenage boys. You can burn up to 900 to 1400 calories or more in just one 50 minute session. Your body will burn off those calories through the day. The best of all is that the inch loss from infrared is permanent.
Cellulite Treatment | The heat generation and fat purging caused by these infrared body wraps is also meant to limit the amount of cellulite on the body. By wrapping key areas where cellulite has appeared, like on the upper arms or around the thighs, these infrared body wraps will, make affected areas appear smoother. It is for this reason that infrared body wraps are being touted as a non-surgical alternative to liposuction.
Muscle and Joint Pain | One area where infrared body wraps are an effective form of treatment is for muscle and joint pain. Simulating the heat of a heat pack, infrared body wraps can relieve pain and soreness associated with many chronic conditions, like arthritis. Infrared body wraps also help with muscle stiffness and can be an effective form of muscle therapy after a hard workout, similar to relaxing in a sauna.
Detoxification | Toxins like sodium, nicotine, cholesterol and alcohol among others are a result of lifestyle choices. Detoxing with an infrared body wrap can help to reduce your chemical burden. Other substances, such as mercury and heavy metals including nickel, cadmium, zinc, aluminum and lead can get into your body through exposure to certain elements in the environment. High concentrations of toxins in your body have the potential to damage your nervous system, | liver and kidneys. Fortunately, you can turn to Infrared heat therapy as a safe, comfortable and effective detoxification solution. Over the last 25 years, Japanese and Chinese researchers have completed extensive research on infrared medical and detoxification treatments.
IS IT SAFE?
Yes, infrared heat is within the same frequency levels as our own body heat and this is in tune with our own energy system. It is safe and compatible for us to use, allowing deep heat penetration that is not possible with other methods of heating. It has nothing to do with either ultraviolet radiation or atomic radiation. Infrared radiant heat is simply a form of energy that heats objects through a process called conversions, without having to heat the air in between. In fact, infrared lights are used in incubators to warm babies.
BEFORE YOU WRAP
- Drink at least 16 oz of water within the hour preceding your wrap. Electrolyte water helps rehydrate your body and replenish electrolytes for optimum hydration.
- Use the restroom immediately before entering the wrap, as each session is 30-50 minutes.
- Eat something light within the hour preceding to ensure some nutrients are in your system.
- Wear medium weight cotton clothing and socks to make sure your skin is not exposed during the wrap. Long sleeves should be worn, and no metal should be on your clothing. Usually, the perspiration will not totally saturate your sweats during the wrap so they are fine to wear home after - similar to a good work out at the gym. You are welcome to bring another set of clothes to wear after.
- Plan for a quiet, meditative 30 - 55 minutes of warmth and relaxation during this healing weight-loss wrap.
- Drink water without sugar or artificial sweeteners after your wrap. Electrolyte water is the best to rehydrate. The water weight you lost will come back when you rehydrate but the calories you burn will not!
- Do not eat for an hour afterwards or keep your food intake light.
- A feeling of well-being is usually experienced after these amazing wraps.